Sep 24, 2018
Sharon’s path to health and wellness began when her son was
diagnosed with Crohn’s, an autoimmune disease. Her decision to
tackle his condition led her to change careers, sending her to
graduate school where she completed a Masters of Science in Applied
Clinical Nutrition. In the process she discovered she had been
ignoring her own (common) symptoms which were taking over her life.
Through her education and shifts in lifestyle, she brought health
back to her son and herself.
In this episode we talk about:
- How our gut is our second brain.
- How the gut microbiome is so complex
- How it is connected to our brain in ways we don't even realize
and if there is an imbalance, it will throw off so much more than
- That gut instinct...is real. trusting your gut is real. but if
your gut isn't healthy, how can you possible trust it? how do you
know it's not healthy?
- Why, when we go to our healthcare professional do they say it's
normal, you're just getting older, deal with it? Why are we all
feeling this way?
- There are common denominators she sees with all her clients and
certain steps you can take even if you don't do any testing and how
connected it is to your body based work as well
- Why if we don't take care of our biggest asset, ourselves, we
won't have the energy or bandwidth to help others (like on an
airplane - put the oxygen mask on your first!)